Congratulations to this year's Grand Prize Winner, Charlie Craighead. His short documentary 'Til The Well Runs Dry explores the important issue of water rights in Wyoming. You can read all about Charlie and his plans for the $25K prize money at our blog: http://bit.ly/1rYLo0P
Thanks to all the filmmakers who participated in this year's contest. We hope to see you all back here in January for the 2015 contest.
ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Screenplay / Acting
- Sound Design
- Overall Production Value
ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Film Content: Short film entries must take place in Wyoming, feature Wyoming, or present Wyoming as a major character in the storyline.
2. Deadline: All submissions are due on or before April 4, 2014 @ 5:00 PM (MDT). See timeline for more details.
3. Announcements: Winners will be announced and contacted on or about May 2, 2014. Judges' decisions are final.
4. Entry Fee: There is no entry fee for the Wyoming Short Film Contest.
5. Run Time: Entries are generally limited to a total run time of 15 minutes. Festival organizers reserve the right to make exceptions on an individual basis (if an entry is a few seconds over for example).
6. Releases and Copyrighted Material: If your film contains any copyrighted material (music for example) the filmmaker will be responsible for securing the licensing rights. (To avoid the expense and difficulty of securing such rights we recommend using only original, non-copyrighted material or material licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license).
7. Prizes: The winner shall receive $25,000 towards the production budget of their next project shot in Wyoming.
8. Film Type: Entries may be any style or genre of film (e.g. documentary, animation, narrative fiction, etc.).
9. Film Format: Entries must be in digital format, as the submission process takes place at www.wyomingshortfilmcontest.com. No physical entries will be accepted.
10. Student or Group Films: Student films made with funding from a university or other institution are welcome, but if the school or institution holds the rights to the film, you will need their permission for entry. Group films (films submitted with more than one filmmaker) are likewise welcome, though each individual filmmaker must give permission for entry.
11. Permissions for Wyoming Office of Tourism Use: Tourism reserves the right to display the winning film for promotional purposes on the Wyoming Office of Tourism website (www.wyomingtourism.org), all Wyoming Film Office social media sites including the website (www.filmwyoming.com) and blog (www.filmwyoming.blogspot.com) and at Wyoming Film Office related events.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||January 3, 2014 @ 8:30 AM (MST)||April 4, 2014 @ 5:00 PM (MDT)|
|Voting round||January 3, 2014 @ 8:30 AM (MST)||April 18, 2014 @ 12:00 PM (MDT)|
|Judging round||April 18, 2014 @ 12:00 PM (MDT)||May 2, 2014 @ 5:00 PM (MDT)|